When playing online games, players find two problems to solve: Talking to each other and organizing people. This problem was solved with the introduction of the software, Discord.
WHAT IS DISCORD?
Discord is a proprietary freeware VoIP application and digital distribution platform designed for creating communities ranging from gamers to even education. Discord specializes in text, image, video, and audio communication between users in a chat channel. Discord Inc developed it.
It had its initial release on May 13, 2015. It can be operated in Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and also web browsers.
LIST OF LANGUAGES
1) English UK
2) English US
4) Chinese (simplified/traditional)
It is a basic chat app, similar to other apps like Skype, etc. But it is developed especially towards gamers.
BENEFITS OF DISCORD
1. It provides a way to interact with other players while in-game.
2. Betters coordinate play.
3. It supports video calls, voice chat, and text.
4. It helps in quick communication.
5. You can create groups of players with common interests.
6. Most important, it is free to use.
WHAT IS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DISCORD AND OTHER PLATFORMS?
Though all other platforms are almost the same as Discord, the main highlight about Discord is that it combined all the features of different programs and merged in one application.
Some of the reasons for players choosing Discord before others are as follows:
- It nearly doesn’t affect the game speed.
- Features like private and public services are available.
- Member roles can be set.
- Extends social capabilities.
- It allows voice chat.
HOW TO CREATE SERVER?
To create your server, open the Discord app, and create an account. Then, click on the “plus” icon in a circle in the server selection column on the left side of the screen. Click “create a server “on the left.
HOW TO JOIN A SERVER?
Click on the “plus” icon in the left sidebar. Then, select “join a server.” Paste the invite link and hit the join button.
FOR MOBILE USERS
Tap the three stacked lines in the top left corner of the screen and select the “plus” sign in the server menu and then click on join a server. Paste in the invite link and tap join.
Discord has surpassed 250 million downloads since its launch and is now dominating other programs. It has become an essential tool for gamers as well as the influencers. It has helped out the people to solve their problem of interaction with other people, especially while in the game.
SOME KEY FEATURES
- Users can go live in Discord.
- It helps in streaming games.
- Has an abusive content control feature.
- It provides privacy to the users.
- A sound support system.
- Easy to use.
- Fast server speed.
The development of Discord is recognized as a revolution for gamers to enjoy the games and also helped them in making a career in gaming. It has helped influencers to get in touch with the people more easily. All expect further updates of Discord.
Create an AFK Channel in Discord
You can create an AFK channel in much the same way you create any other channel. You will need to be the server owner or admin with the right to create a chain, but the rest is a breeze.
- Log in to your Discord server.
- Select the server at the top grid to access the “Server Settings” menu.
- Then, create a channel.
- Set text or voice and name it as AFK or something you want.
- Save the new channel.
- Under the overview, select your new AFK Channel from the center pane.
- Then, set the AFK timeout to your desired time.
- At last, save all your changes.